Monday, May 30, 2016

Feature Artist - Bruce L. Reed

Here is our latest feature artist:

His name is Bruce L. Reed



Bruce is 38 and originally from his hometown of Rockport, TX. Bruce got started in art when he was working with an artist who inspired him to try painting as a hobby. Bruce states, When I said, "I can't paint, to save my life." he gave me some sage advice. To paraphrase his advice, "There are no mistakes, don't force the brush, and have fun." This made painting seem too simple to believe, after all, if it was that easy then anyone could paint. So I tested it out a couple of times here and there on weekends and sleepless nights. He was right and for the last four years, I have painted more and more often. I love getting paint on canvas because I learn something new nearly every time work. 

We asked Bruce what types of art does he enjoy doing? Bruce says he enjoys oil painting on canvas and wood. As of yet he is still searching for he dream masterpiece to complete.

Bruce has been inspired by a few below artists:

Alive: Miles Cleveland Goodwin www.milesclevelandgoodwin.com
Deceased: George Inness, Andrew Wyeth, Gustave Courbet

Here is some work by Bruce:






Bruce can be contacted at the below. Please show your support for Bruce's work.

Tumblr: brucereed99.tumblr.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/brucereed99

Thank you Bruce for sharing your art!

Staff @ Old Woods Artist Gatherings


2 comments:

  1. Really enjoy looking at Bruce's work. Thought provoking, almost as if it is more about what is not there. You make the story.

    ReplyDelete